MBA, BSCS, RHCE, CSAP
Results oriented professional with over 20 years of hands on experience guiding sophisticated IT teams to success through strategic needs analysis and management of vital technology endeavors. Technical leadership and organizational skill set to drive innovative solutions for business.
Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC), Tampa, Florida, Feb 2019 – Present
Senior Cloud/Unix Engineer/DevOps/SRE
- Automating cloud infrastructure using Terraform
- AWS architecture design and implementation
- Insall, configure and manage Openshift Container Platform (OCP). Automating the install process with Terraform and Ansible. Integrate OCP projects for Docker application to use Hashicorp Vault for secrets storage.
Consultant for TEKSystems, Tampa, Florida, July 2018 – Feb 2019
Senior Cloud/Unix Engineer/DevOps
Currently working for DTCC
Medhok LLC, Tampa Florida December 2016 – July 2018
Senior Cloud/Unix Engineer
- Creating large and complex solution delivery programs.
- Automating creation of virtual private clouds to sustain growing business. VPC includes integrating AWS VPN, VPC Peering, and ALBs for clients access and availability. Implementing Microsoft Active Directory and IAM for centralized account management. Creating Workspaces and AppStream 2.0 with Microsoft Active Directory and AWS Directory Services
- Securing Cloud resources by implementing best practices for AWS Cloud infrastructures. Managing AWS VPC with Security Groups and Virtual Private Networks.
- Adapting to rapid changes in requirements by pipe-lining solutions through DevOp tools. Ansible, AWS CLI, Jenkins, Bash, and Python. Used CloudFormation and Terraform to setup and configure AWS objects.
- Plan and organize disaster recover plans.
Consultant for TEKSystems, Tampa, Florida, Sept 2015 – Dec 2016
Senior Linux Administrator/DevOps
Client – for Soltra LLC
- Centralized authentication and management of users with OpenLDAP, NFS.
- Automated configuration and management of servers across Rackspace, AWS, and Softlayer with SaltStack, Spacewalk, Kickstart, Red Hat 6/7 and Terraform.
- Setup and configuration of Apache Httpd, Jboss, MongoDB, Python, Django, SMTP, Firewalls, NFS. Employed PGP, OpenSSL, and configured Certificates.
- Applied best practices for security based on cloud environments. Secured Servers with Aide and Fail2Ban.
Acclaris INC, Tampa, Florida Nov 2013 – Sept 2015
Senior Linux Administrator
- Installation, configuration and tuning of Linux, Apache Httpd, and Jboss
- Creation and management of all servers and services with Red Hat Satellite, Kickstart, Puppet and Git on VMWare using Cisco UCS blades.
- Management of NetApp NAS storage systems.
- Managing and configuring all aspects of SSH, SSL, DNS, FTP, NTP, MySQL, NFS, CIFS, SMTP, Samba, ISCSI, RPM.
- Managing and configuration of F5 BigIP load Balancer
- Implement disaster recover plans for fail over and secondary data center.
Xcira LLC, Tampa, Florida Mar 2011 – Nov 2013
- Direct 5 employees in system management of 3 data centers.
- Implement configuration management of servers with CFEngine.
- Manage security and monitoring of servers running Apache Httpd, Jboss, ActiveMQ, PostrgresSQL.
- Manage vendor relationship in developing mobile sites for real time auction sales.
- Financial responsibility of Infrastructure budget.
Homes.com, Tallahassee, Florida Jan 2001 – March 2011
Infrastructure / Program Manager
- Directed employees in management of 250+ servers across 2 data centers. Implementing high availability of web sites.
- Designed and tested disaster recover procedures.
- Managed network team in Checkpoint firewall, Cisco routers/switches and AT&T voip phone system.
- Manage vendors to ensure proper SLA, licenses and inventory of equipment
- Slashed $70K annually by migrating email services from 3rd party to in-house systems using open source software
- Directed growth of 5 servers to 250+ servers across 2 data centers and 3 terabytes of data while company was in Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Increased project success by 60% by strategic restructuring of development department use of project management procedures.
Sallie Mae Servicing Corp, Lynn Haven Florida, 1999 – Jan 2001
Technical support Specialist
Management of UNIX (Linux, Solaris) servers
Atlantic Micro Systems Jacksonville, Florida 1998 – 1999
Client Service Engineer
Installation of MICROS Hospitality and Leisure Suite Systems.
Navy 1984 – 1998
Education and Training
Master of Business Administration
University of Phoenix
Bachelor of Computer Science
University of North Florida
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Certification ID 130-201-916
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
Validation ID 4QE81SHKDFB4QGW5
Cisco Routers and switches · Sun Microsystems Sparc and storage arrays Intel (Dell, HP) · IBM ·Network Appliance Solaris Unix · Linux (Redhat, Centos, Fedora, SUSE) · Windows · Microsoft Office · Microsoft Project · Cisco IOS · Sendmail · Qmail · Apache Httpd · JBoss · Microsoft IIS · Tomcat Java server · Sun Java Application Service · MySql · MSSQL · Oracle · Mongodb · Puppet · SaltStack · Ansible · Languages C · Perl · PHP · Ruby · Java · Unix Scripting · Python · Django · AWS· Docker · Kubernetes · OpenShift